The Tour de France peloton crosses Hauts-de-France on Tuesday and Wednesday. On the routes taken, from Dunkirk to Calais then from Lille to Arenberg, many traffic restrictions are planned, to allow the passage of the caravan and the runners in the best conditions.
– On the A16 motorway: the exit slip road of the half-interchange n°64 “Leffrinckouke” in the Belgium – Dunkirk direction will be closed from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– On the A25 motorway: the two exit ramps from interchange no. 16 “Bergues” will be closed in both directions from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– If you live in the agglomeration of Saint-Omer, crossing the sector by road will be complicated. The prefecture recommends using the motorway network as much as possible.
Read also :Tour de France in Audomarois: parking and traffic restrictions
Restrictions this Wednesday, July 6
On Wednesday, the riders set off from Lille and will reach Arenberg after 157 kilometers and 11 cobbled sections.
The closures (by prefectural decree) of road interchanges are announced from Tuesday July 5 at 11 p.m. :
– On the east ring road of Lille, the exit ramps from exchanger no. 2 “Lille Centre” in both directions will be closed from Tuesday from 11 p.m. On Wednesday, the exit ramps of exchangers n°1 “Hellemmes – Lille Moulins” will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.. The exit ramps of interchanges n°3 and n°3b “Lille Grand-Palais – Gares” in the Ghent – Lille direction will be closed from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and those at interchange no. 6 “Pilaterie” will be closed in both directions from 9 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
– On the A2 2 motorway: Exit ramp no. 2 from exchanger no. 10 “Marcq-en-Baroeul” towards Lille will be closed.
– On the A21 motorway: the exit ramps from interchange no. 26 “Pecquencourt” in both directions will be closed of
12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.those of interchange no. 29 “Erre” in both directions as well, of
2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
– On the A23 motorway: the exit ramps from interchange no. 6 “Raismes” will be closed in both directions from 14h
at 10 p.m..
– The portion of the Grand Boulevard from the municipality of Marcq-en-Baroeul (Avenue de la République and Flandre) to Roubaix (Avenue Jean Jaurès) will be closed from 9am .
– On the M700, traffic will be closed between the municipalities of Lys-les-Lannoy in Villeneuve d’Ascq, in both directions from 8am.
– For its part, Ilévia warns that due to a strike movement, tram traffic will be severely disrupted between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m., between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. and between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. The Roubaix branch of the tramway will not run between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., due to the Tour de France. Diversions will be put in place on certain bus lines to circumvent the route taken by the race.
In the Lille metropolisit is advisable to favor other modes of transport such as the bus, the metro… or the bicycle.
Read also :Tour de France, stage 5 Lille – Arenberg: five places to see the riders go by
The routes as well as the times of passage of the caravan and the runners, can be consulted here for the fourth stage, and here for the fifth stage.